Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Lastest projects

Thanks to Pinterest I have had lots of projects to do lately. :)  I'm sure many husbands would agree that they hate Pinterest for all the projects it brings their way.  Well, most of my recent projects I was able to complete with only a little bit of help from Jeff.  It started on Sunday when I stayed home from church with Coley because she was sick.  I was tired of their room and had spent the previous night on Pinterest looking at ways to organize kids rooms.  I finally decided that I wanted to reorganize the kids room so that all the toys were in the closet (out of sight).  In order to do this I thought I needed to build some shelves.  We had an old microwave cart that got displaced (when we added the pantry into the kitchen) so I decided to take it apart and use the wood for my shelves.  By the time Jeff and Nate got home I was almost completely done and only need to get the braces from Lowes.  I already LOVE that each night before the kids go to bed, all the toys are put up and out of sight (making our house look so much neater!)

 
 Of course that led to my next project, also something seen on Pinterest for a kids closet (that's the next project but we started with this one).  I decided I wanted to build a shelving unit on the back side of the bi-fold doors of our pantry.  The door frame gives you about 5+ inches of unusable space but by hinging the the door you can reclaim that space.  I already love these shelves and can't wait for another Mom's Morning Out so I can build some for the kids closets.
 
 
My other projects have been brought on by my awesome husbands incredible weight loss.  He has lost 40+ lbs since May!!  That led to a bunch of way too big work clothes.  I was going to donate a ton of his dress shirts until I got on Pinterest.  Of course there are all these cute tutorials on how to make a toddler dress out of an adult dress shirt...so a couple nights later and a couple of shirts later, Coley has two new dresses. 
 
 I still have some kinks to figure out but overall I think they are cute on her. :)





Now if I can just find a project on Pinterest for this big bag of ~20 pairs of mens pants...

Posted by Picasa

No comments: