Monday, September 7, 2009

Don't know what I have been doing

I realized the other day that I have been doing a very poor job at updating the blog. So in an attempt to change that I decided to post some pictures of the little man and a quick update. :)

So Jeff is back to work and Nate and I are settling into a schedule of sorts. Jeff is enjoying classes and is excited about trying to recruit students to join his research group. He is teaching one lecture (organic chem) and two organic labs. This year he has 100 students in his lecture and 26 students in each of his labs (last year the whole organic class was only 26 students.) He said the biggest difference between last year and this year is that students will say hi to him and he has no idea who they are, although he is learning all of his lab students.

Nate and I have been getting the house broken in and learning all of the places to go around town. We even went to the outlet mall in Williamsburg last week (I forgot the stroller and the Baby Bjorn so needless to say after 4 hours of shopping and luggin' Nate around I now have the world's largest biceps! As my Mom told me, "At least you have learned your lesson and you won't forget them again!" Thanks Mom.) I could have sworn in all of the paper that we signed at our house closing that there was some clause about not having to clean for at least the first six months, but alas, Nate and I have been doing lots of cleaning. :) Oh and don't forget about the yard work. I love working in the yard and so does Jeff. Our biggest problem is finding time to get everything done outside that we need to do, but we are making some progress.

All in all we have been pretty dull these past couple of weeks but with Rachel and the girls coming for a visit and then my parents and then Jeff's parents I am sure we are going to have more to blog about.

Pictures: (clockwise from top left) Nate escaping from the bouncy, helping with laundry, under the aquarium arch, eating his yummy toes, playing in his crib instead of taking a nap, helping with more laundry, wearing Christmas clothes in Aug, his ND jersey, (and the middle two pics) smiling at mom and wearing his SU gear for "orange Friday".


These pictures are more self explanatory.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Barnes said...

I can not believe you had no stroller or anything...what a trooper though, four hours! I hope you found some good deals:)
I love the pictures of Nate, my favorite is him getting out of the bouncey, the laundry basket looks much safer:):)
Miss you guys!!

The Grasmans said...

I love the new pictures. Nate always looks so happy and sweet!!