Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Nate's Baby ____.

Last Wednesday, September 22nd, I went in for my 20 week ultrasound. I have changed docs from my first two appointments and I have been very happy with the new office...especially the ultrasound tech. This lady was phenomenal. She was patient with me and explained everything she was looking at, but she was also quick and thorough. She gave us a ton of pictures of our new little one, but she also granted our request. See since Jeff couldn't come to the ultrasound (the tech only works at times he has class/lab) we decided we wanted her to write down the sex of the baby on a piece of paper and then put it in an envelope. That way I wouldn't know what we were having before Jeff would. So she almost slipped and showed me, but then remembered our request and after she was done she wrote it down for me. That evening after Nate and I picked up Jeff from work we headed to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner (compliments of Kathryn and Matt!) where we opened the envelope. I let Jeff open it since I got to enjoy the whole ultrasound. Let me just tell you I wish I had a picture of Jeff's face when he read, "Daddy's Girl" on the piece of paper. He was extremely excited...I was in shock. I was so sure it was a boy because this pregnancy has been just like Nate's. Jeff then followed it up by saying, "I will believe it when I see it." There hasn't been a female Carney born in over 90 years!! This could be the first in a long time. We will see come Feb but the tech was very certain and I think we should seriously start thinking about girl's names.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!