Thursday, September 15, 2011

Getting big...

Both our kids are getting so big/grown up!! It's hard to believe how fast this past year has gone. With the advancement of age comes new adventures for both kids...and both parents

Here we have both kids playing under our new table. Kathryn and Matt gave us a real dinning room table (because they are moving) and we have already really enjoyed it. I find that we eat dinner at the table almost every night now unlike before when we ate at the table maybe once a week. Of course the kids love that they can play under it (and they do!)



We got our carpets cleaned and since we couldn't put Nate's mattress back on the wet floor for 3 days I figured it was time to give the kid a real bed. This is my bed from when I was a kid that we had in the shed. I was a little worried about him falling off but we talked about how high it was and how he needed to sleep over by the wall and so far he has done great. Of course he had to show his "big" bed to anyone who would look at it.


Nate has gotten "so big" he is now required to take both Daddy and Mommy's organic quizzes. :)


I love the fact that Coley is sitting up well enough to take baths with her brother! It makes my life sooooo much easier. And I am hoping that the more Nate sees his sister get her hair rinsed (by dumping water on her head) that he will learn that "it's not so bad". (He screams blood murder regardless of how we rinse his hair and follows the screaming fit with "That's not so bad". You would never know if you listened to him scream.)


Our baby girl is 7 months old!! She is growing a ton lately. I stopped nursing her at 6 months (she hadn't doubled her birth weight, wasn't sleeping through the nights, and was eating 3 solid meals a day) and she is sooooo much happier. We weighed her (using our home scale) at 7 months and we think she gain somewhere around 3 lbs in one month. She is also sleeping through the nights! And is much happier. She is almost crawling and I think she will before she is 8 months old. She truly is a joy and blessing! I just love her smiles.

No comments: