Monday, September 26, 2011

"Our project"

Anytime I can get my Dad to come visit I will because he always helps me out with all my projects. He usually starts asking me for a Grandpa-do-list about a month before they come and I am more than happy to give him one. This trip we had him fix our kitchen light (it wouldn't turn on anymore...bad switch), he mowed the lawn for us, attacked the bamboo, and my favorite...helped me build my laundry pedestal.

I found this laundry stand on Ana White's blog and fell in love with it. Our laundry room is in the hall so anytime I do laundry we always have laundry baskets in the hallway. When I saw this I thought it was perfect because then I could keep everything in the laundry room and no one would have to know it was laundry day. Also, since we have the front loading washer and dryer this pedestal puts them up just high enough to make it easier to do laundry (and up high enough that Nate can't start them anytime Coley drools on something!)

I haven't quite finished them yet, still need to put trim on the front and paint them but I LOVE how much easier it makes doing laundry and I LOVE not having the baskets in the hallway!



Of course Nate had to check it out to see if it was a good hiding spot or not. I think he likes it.


And this is Grandpa after he was done with his list. :) Thank you Grandpa for all of your hard work and help!! We owe you!

No comments: