Monday, November 7, 2011

New toy

I know it was a little early, but we decided to give Nate and Coley the Fisher Price Nativity (that I bought last year after the season for a GREAT price!).  I wanted to be able to talk to Nate about Christmas and what it really means.  And since we love singing "Happy Birthday" in this house, I figured we could start singing it to Baby Jesus.  What I didn't account for was Nate refusing to pick up any of his toys (which results in them being taken away) and he actually told me that he didn't want to pick them up so I could take them.  That left him with only the Nativity to play with for about 3 days before he started earning other toys back.  He has loved this little toys and still (even though he does have some toys back) plays with it every day.  He is loving the baby Jesus.  We have to rock him, sing to him, put him to bed, give him a bottle, take him in the car, take him to bed with us.... You get the picture?  What has really surprised me is how much Coley has been playing with it as well.  We have it sitting on our shoe rack by the door and ever evening she crawls over, climbs up, and plays with/chews on/throws all the pieces.  I love that each day we get to talk about baby Jesus and his birthday.
Opening a early present

Got to make sure it tastes alright

Adding the wise men

Caravan to see the Baby Jesus

No comments: