I really, really dreaded potty training. I am not sure why but I just really did not want to deal with it. Well with Lisa and almost all of Nate's friends potty trained I figured I had better give it a go. We told Nate that when the diapers were gone (well, he didn't need to know we put some of his diapers away for Coley...) that he was just going to have to start going potty. I decided to start potty training on Friday Feb 3rd (had to be a weekday because Jeff doesn't do well with accidents) and Nate did great. I think he was ready and I also think that the two times we tried before helped. I think the first day Nate only had one accident and in the two+ weeks since being potty trained he has only had a handful of accidents. I have found that most of his accidents come right after naps when he tries so hard to make it but doesn't quiet get there in time.
Beginning in January we told Nate that when he went 3 days with no accidents he would get the new Cars movie. Well, just 4 days after starting he got his new movie...and I think we have seen it may more than the recommended amount of times!
| First day...sitting on the couch with a diapered Coley, eatin' waffles, and wearing "big boy underwear". |
| Hammin' it up while "trying" to go potty. |
No comments:
Post a Comment