While Mom and Dad were here we had to take a trip to see Jamestown. Well, we didn't know that the museum/re-creation was what were were initially seeing until someone mentioned that the site of the actual fort was about a mile away. Regardless the museum and re-creations were very cool and very informative. They also had replica ships that you could go on. Needless to say I am extremely thankful I live in modern America and that I was born here instead of taking the boat. After the museum we headed to see the glass blower...let's just say it was very neat to watch (One question: how do you become a glass blower? I mean the girl who was working was younger than me and she was good but do you just say when you are five years old..."Mom, I want to be a glass blower.") We also went to Jamestown Island and saw the actual site of the fort...VERY COOL!! (We even got in free because the park was closing in 15 min and the guy already shut down the registers!)
Pictures: First Group - Indian village and the three ships, Second Group - museum re-creation of the fort and the glass blowers, Third Group - The actual fort

and old church site.
I know since we live close we are going to be able to go back and I am really looking forward to it. There is so much to learn!

2 comments:
I did glass blowing during my REU program! Theoretically, it was to make chemistry glassware - but I made some Christmas ornaments.
What is Jeff doing in the first group, second row. Is that a colonial mortar and pestle or something?
Post a Comment