Saturday, December 25, 2010

Until we meet again

On Dec 6th 1917 an amazing baby was born, a women I was able to call Grandma. And this past week, Dec 23rd, Grandma went to be with the Lord. I wish we could have had more years together and lived closer to one another, but God has a plan and I know that I will see her again and ask the questions I still want to ask. Grandma lived through both World Wars and the Depression (which I did get to ask her about and hear first hand what it was like), but she also raised two extremely stubborn boys, single-handedly in an era when single-parenting wasn't the norm (I could really use some discipline advice right now...especially when it comes to one stubborn little boy!) She lived a full, fun, and faith-filled life...one I could only hope to emulate.

Grandma, I will miss you, but I know you are out of pain and in a much better place. Please tell Jesus, "Hi and Happy Birthday" for me and I will see you later.

I am extremely grateful that I do have this picture of Grandma meeting Nate. We made a trip out to ID last summer because Grandma had Alzheimer's Disease. Despite the fact that Grandma was no longer talking and only sometimes recognized people, I believe she recognized us and even more special was how excited she was to see/meet Nate. I am grateful for the 30 years I was able to spend on this earth with Grandma, but I do look forward to spending eternity with her.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: