Nicole is a real joy and a wonderful addition to our family! She is almost always happy and seems to only cry when she is hungry or her brother is terrorizing her. :) Although she does seem to be hungry a lot...so maybe she cries more than I think. She is sitting up now (since the beginning of Aug), she is eating tons of solid foods including puffs and baby rice cakes. She is also scooting backwards, that is until she gets stuck under something like the rocker. She still isn't sleeping through the night (a HUGE frustration for this sleep deprived mom) but after her 6 month appt we have a new strategy in place that will hopefully help. I was almost exclusively nursing her and I really don't think she was getting enough to drink so we have switched to almost all formula in the past week. I can't believe how much formula that girl can drink. She seems much more satisfied and I am really really hoping that she will start sleeping through the night soon.
This past week we went to the doc for her 6 month appt and she weighed in at only 15 lbs 1 oz., she was 27 in tall, and has a huge head with a 16.5 cm circumference. That puts her below the 50% for weight, above the 95% for height, and around the 90% for her head. They say babies are supposed to double their birth weight by the time they are 6 months old which would put Coley at 15 lbs 12 oz but the doctor wasn't worried about her at all...especially after seeing her rolling thighs. ;)
One thing Coley is doing a lot of lately is drooling and chewing on everything!! She has found that she really loves chewing on Nate's cars, trains, train track, and just about anything that is Nate's. That usually prompts Nate to immediately take the object from her and place it in the dryer to get "it clean. We got to dry it."
Nate of course can get Coley to smile the biggest. She LOVES her big brother! She loves it when he talks to her, holds her, sings to her, bring things to her, "flies" her in the jonny-jump-up, and even when he sits on her (of course w/o Mom's permission!) Amazingly I can only think of maybe three times in the last six months that Nate has made Coley cry. I can't wait to see how their relationship grows in the next several months/years.
I know I am forgetting stuff that Coley is doing, but that is all I can think of at the moment. We all love our "little bit" tons and are so thankful for the little gift God blessed us with.
Can't you just see the love between these two. :)
"Cheese"
Bright eyes
Big smile. She isn't giggling yet but she generously hands out smiles.
Already picking on her brother.
No comments:
Post a Comment