Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sidewalk fun

Since the weather has been a little better lately (not overwhelmingly hot and humid) Nate, Coley and I have been playing more outside. This past week we got out our sidewalk chalk and made our own little village on the driveway. Our village composed of a book store, bakery, police station, rock quarry, train stop/tracks, and some parking spaces. I would send Nate out to get me coffee and donuts or a novel, and sometime he just had to move some rocks. :) We have had so much fun and I am thankful for a friend who suggested this idea. Although I did find that all my hard work designing our village was for not...I couldn't get Nate to stay driving on the roads, however he did stop at all stop signs and stop lights (of course he didn't look both ways before continuing through the intersection but we are working on that.)

Here is Nate driving over the police station


Coley hanging out in the shade with some toys.


Our "village". I parked the car at the end of the driveway so my adventurous child didn't get any ideas.


Nate did some great art work throughout our village


And when you get tired of driving you must run races between the car and the shed. Of course we had to stop (mid race) at all the stop lights until they turned green. :)


No comments: