Saturday, December 24, 2011

NYC and the park


"It's Grand, and it's Central" and you can catch a train to CT.  Well we started out in CT but we would want to go back. :)  If you have ever seen the movie Madagascar you know what I am talking about (it is one we have seen at least 50 times, if not more).  Because we have seen the movie so many times we told Nate we were going to go to Grand Central Station and see some of the things that Marty wanted to see in NYC.  Nate was so excited and had to tell everyone on the train that we were going to "GRAND CENTRAL STATION, It's Grand and it's Central."







Here are my three favorite people on the train to NYC


Nate looking out the window of the train.

"It's Grand, it's central"  In the movie the giraffe (Melman) sticks his head in the clock behind Nate so when Nate saw the clock he asked to stick his head in it.

The big tree in Rockafeller

Nate LOVED watching the ice skater (I didn't get a picture) but it was a little too packed for Daddy and Coley to watch so they sat back and watched the people pass by.

My two favorite men.

The girls in front of the big tree.

Nate's first time in FAO Swartz.  He was excited!  He also said his first cuss word...he was parroting something someone else said...leave it to New Yorkers to teach my son his first cuss word.  Although since he really didn't know what he was saying we didn't make a big deal of it.

We stopped in to see on of Jeff's high school buddies.  We had a great time hanging out with them and eating pizza (and letting the kids crawl/walk around)

Nate and I climbed some rocks in Central Park and then played on this playground.  This picture is of Jeff and Coley walking on the path to meet us.

Nate swinging in Central Park.  I had fun talking to some of the "5th avanue princesses" nannies.  So glad my kids know me and I get to take care of them every day!

While in CT, despite the cold, Jeff, Nate and I went to the park.

We had so much fun pretending to be on a lion hunt.  Nate had a blast however whenever I got to be the lion I had to be sleeping until he got good and far away!

Trying out the tire swing.

No comments: