Friday, March 5, 2010

Nathaniel's 1st Birthday Party

Friday March 5th we had some friends over to celebrate Nathaniel's 1st Birthday. I don't know about everyone else, but I know I had a great time. It was so nice to have my parents here because they helped make the food, serve the food, and keep everything moving smoothly which allowed Jeff and I time to actually enjoy the party instead of stressing about everything. Nate got overwhelmed a couple of times so he always made sure I was close to him, but I think he had fun too. I noticed that he spent most of him time watching the other kids play with his toys, but since he loves to people watch I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. Thank you all for coming!!
Of course it wouldn't be a birthday without cake and ice cream! When Jeff and I talked about what theme to do for Nate's b'day we had decided that we could do a loose Blue's Clues theme and make it a Bork party. Well I started looking for a blues clues cake pan and found them on ebay for ~$25!! I guess the pans were discontinued so people were asking a lot of $ for the pan. At that point I thought we were going to have to change our theme, but Pam suggested I check craigslist. Well I think God wanted Nate to have a "Bork" party because I checked craigslist and someone had just listed the cake pan for $5!! (And people don't think God cares about the little things in our lives...I don't believe in coincidences, but I do believe in a God who cares enough about us to be involved in the "little" things in our life.) We got the pan and then the real work began. Let's just say that after piping all the little stars that I am glad Nate only has one birthday a year! I think the cake turned out great and since we changed the colors from Blue's colors to Bork colors I think we did a good job with the Blue to Bork transformation (of course Jeff wanted to add a muzzle to the top of the cake but he decided that would be a good idea the night before the party...I told him to have fun and somehow he never got it done. :)

When we first put the cake in front of Nate he was much more into the squishing of frosting than the eating so I helped him out. He did eat some, but I think it might have been a little too late and he might have been a little too overstimulated because we had a meltdown after a couple of bites. Angela helped us get some pictures of him crying with a bunch of cake on his face and I love how they turned out!

Thank you all again for the presents and for spending the evening with use celebrating the birth of our little man!! And thank you Mom and Dad for all of your hard work...we couldn't have done it without you!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Barnes said...

the cake is so very cute. Great Job Tiff! Looks like a blast.