Sunday, March 14, 2010
Talking, well kind of.
So we have been waiting for Nate to say something...something with meaning and we got our wish, kind of. Nate has been saying things like mamamamama and dadadadada for a while now, but we really hadn't heard any other discernible words. Well the day after his b'day Nate and I were up early (he doesn't seem to understand that when Daddy's on spring break we don't need to get up at 5:30 a.m.) and after we had breakfast we were playing in the living room. He was standing in the middle of the room looking around when he spotted the duck that Glassers gave him for his b'day. Clear as day he looked at the duck and said "Ducky" then "Quack, quack." He then ran over to the duck picked it up and started eating the duck's face. Of course I had to tell Jeff when he got up and he was bummed to miss Nate's "first" words. However Nate did continue to say "ducky" and "quack" throughout the day. :) He then followed up his first two words with his first phrase of "All done." We soon figured out that despite the fact that he could say "all done" it didn't necessarily mean that he was all done, especially when it comes to food. I am glad he is finally starting to talk a little bit (remind of this in a couple of months when I am sure I will regret it) and I can't wait to hear what he has to say next. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How fun and sweet! I don't think you will get sick of his talking, their little voices are too sweet and they have the best stories!
Cute! Love that little man. :)
Awwww! That is so exciting! I hate that we are missing it. Give him some lovin' for us.
Post a Comment