Before we headed to Charleston for the day we decided to visit the Angle Oak which is a 1400+ year old tree. This thing was amazing!! I mean just think of what was happening in the world 1400 years ago when this tree was just a sapling. The year was 610 A.D. the place was Johns Island SC...

After visiting the amazing tree Jeff headed back to the beach house, and the rest of us headed to downtown Charleston to see the sights. If you haven't been to Charleston I would strongly recommend it. It is a beautiful city with great things to see in a reasonable walking distance. If you go I would suggest the Scott Pastryk walking tour. :) Scott was a great tour guide and I learned a lot about the city I didn't know, granted I knew nothing so it wasn't a stretch to learn something. We decided to go into one of the old colonial houses to see what they were like. I love old houses, but the Nathaniel Russell house was amazing! The tour guide was great and thankfully loved kids, because by this time Nate was not to into sight seeing (although we started out walking around at ~10ish in the morning and kept going till about 3:30 so I shouldn't complain. He did really well and even took an hour + nap in the stroller.) The only bummer of the tour was that we couldn't take pictures. Oh and I almost forgot...during our downtown tour Sara and I got to go into a quilt store. It was a small store, but still fun to see all of the different fabrics. :)

After visiting the amazing tree Jeff headed back to the beach house, and the rest of us headed to downtown Charleston to see the sights. If you haven't been to Charleston I would strongly recommend it. It is a beautiful city with great things to see in a reasonable walking distance. If you go I would suggest the Scott Pastryk walking tour. :) Scott was a great tour guide and I learned a lot about the city I didn't know, granted I knew nothing so it wasn't a stretch to learn something. We decided to go into one of the old colonial houses to see what they were like. I love old houses, but the Nathaniel Russell house was amazing! The tour guide was great and thankfully loved kids, because by this time Nate was not to into sight seeing (although we started out walking around at ~10ish in the morning and kept going till about 3:30 so I shouldn't complain. He did really well and even took an hour + nap in the stroller.) The only bummer of the tour was that we couldn't take pictures. Oh and I almost forgot...during our downtown tour Sara and I got to go into a quilt store. It was a small store, but still fun to see all of the different fabrics. :)


1 comment:
Looks like fun! Oh wait, it was because we were there too! Good pics. I think it was more Nate and Nolan giving the tour. We just did whatever kept them happy!
Post a Comment