This past weekend John and Angela came for a visit. John was a fellow Baker lab suffer and we have always had so much fun hanging out (and of course we taught them Settlers!). We have been to see them a couple of times in KY but this was the first time they got to come visit us in VA. John always wanted to work for NASA but he also loves all things military so coming to VA Beach is always fun for him. They were able to stay with us Saturday night and then they headed to VA Beach for the rest of their stay but Nate and I were able to join them on Tuesday for some sigh- seeing. They had decided to go on a two hour boat cruise of the Naval Shipyards. It was awesome!! I learned so much about the Navy, Norfolk, shipping, and our river systems. For instants did you know that the average depth of the Chesapeake Bay is only 21 ft...interesting isn't it. I wish Jeff could have gone with us because he would remember all of the facts better than I but maybe we can go again sometime. Nate had fun running all around the ship and eating snacks. He wasn't as impressed at the Navy ships as the rest of us. :)
That evening we were able to join John and Angela for dinner. They decided to drive to our peninsula and we ate at the Jamestown Pie Company. I had heard rave reviews but I have to say Marie Calendars at home is much better.
Thanks John and Ang for coming to visit!!
That evening we were able to join John and Angela for dinner. They decided to drive to our peninsula and we ate at the Jamestown Pie Company. I had heard rave reviews but I have to say Marie Calendars at home is much better.
Thanks John and Ang for coming to visit!!

No comments:
Post a Comment