For some reason I have been craving sugar cookies and since we had some Halloween cookie cutters, well you can guess what Nate and I did. Nate love to cook and so we had fun mixing up the dough however the cutting part was a little more difficult. He and I made a couple of cookies and then while he was napping I finished the rest. However he did have fun decorating them, although I should have bought some sprinkles because I am sure he would have loved to put those on. Surprisingly Nate prefers to eat the cookies without frosting...the kid is not to into sweets...thankfully.
Also this past week we were able to meet some friends at Chick-fil-A for lunch before heading down to the pumpkin patch to go pumpkin picking. The kids loved the tractor that they had out front and we tried, really tried, to get a picture of all of the big kids on the tractor (Jackson is only 5 wks old so we decided not to put him on the tractor. :)

The kids had a blast searching for the perfect pumpkin...well Nate had a blast just running around like a crazy boy (he hadn't had his nap and was really tired!) Lisa didn't seem too sure of what to do...and didn't want to get dirt. Caelyn had her pumpkin within the first 10 feet of the patch. And Josiah was trying to keep everyone out of trouble...while Nate was causing the trouble. Overall it was so much fun to watch all of the kids interact and look at the pumpkins. Nate and I ended up with two small pumpkins (pie pumpkins) and one medium one. He had decided that the pumpkins looked like balls and threw them, kicked them, etc. so one of the small pumpkins I felt obligated to buy. :) Nate and I have already cooked one of the small pumpkins and made some pumpkin muffins and pancakes. I think we will have to cook another soon if we want some pumpkin pie. :)
Thanks guys for join us for our pumpkin adventure!!


No comments:
Post a Comment