This past weekend we had the chance to fly down to Atlanta, GA for Steven's and Shani's wedding. While we were in Atlanta we got to do a lot of fun stuff and have a pretty relaxing weekend. We flew in Saturday morning and drove to Marietta, GA to eat at a restaurant featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. We met one of my friends from undergrad, Susan, and enjoyed a wonderful meal. Following the meal we headed to downtown Marietta to the park to let Nate play. He had a grand time on the train and looking at the fountain and I had a wonderful time catching up with Susie-Q. (Thanks to my handsome hubby for taking pictures and chasing Nate so I could catch up with Suze.)
Since the wedding wasn't until 4 p.m. on Sunday we got to sleep-in (correction: we woke up at ~5:15 with Nate, went for a walk and got breakfast, and then took at nap at 8:30 a.m.). After a relaxing morning at the hotel we headed to downtown Atlanta to get our picture in front of the Capitol building.

After the capitol we went to the Atlanta children's museum which I had read about online. Reviews said it was great for kids Nate's age. Well, when we got to the lobby, he wanted to do nothing else, but leave and go back outside...that is until he saw what was in the museum. The first thing he saw was a whole assembly line of balls. He stopped stared and started jumping up and down screaming. Then his problem seemed to be what he should do first. :) He loved playing with the balls, trains, shopping carts, and fish tank. He wasn't so wild about milking the cow but loved that it MOOed at him. Overall, I think he had a wonderful time and both Jeff and I really enjoyed watching him take it all in and play with everything. (We did find that he spent probably a half hour driving around the shopping cart...that was a huge hit, but he had to defend it from the other kids. :)

Sunday evening Jeff was able to watch one of his high school buddies tie the knot. (They were doing an adult only wedding so Nate and I headed to a mall to walk around, grab dinner, and ride a choo-choo.) Both Steven and Shani are Jewish so I would have loved to go to the wedding to see the traditions and customs of the religion, but Jeff gave me a play-by-play. He even took a video of the horah!! I don't know that I would trust too many people to hold me up on a chair while dancing, but it looks like a ton of fun! Congratulations to Steven and Shani!!! Thank you for including us in your special day!


No comments:
Post a Comment