Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Grandparents trip

So while my parents were here we were able to get lots of work done...and by we I mean Dad, Brett (Uncle Jeremy), and Jeff. Mom and I watched the kids. :) They guys were able to fix our bikes, build two fences (our backyard is now in closed...something I am extremely excited about), planted the garden, finished the top of my kitchen cabinets, and I am sure some other stuff I forgot. These were all things we wanted to get done but with Dad and Brett around they happened much faster than if just Jeff and I were doing them (and we got some new tools! :) Of course Nate loved being outside to help with all the outside projects...he is a great little helper.


















Of course he had to have donuts while my fam was here. Jeff mentioned that there were "5 adults so..." meaning we needed more than one dozen donuts. Of course when Nate helped himself to his second donut on the first day (while we weren't watching) Jeff changed his story to "6 people eating...". One thing we did when Nate was ~7 mo old was we made a wooden height chart that we can move and he could use for his family when he is grown. We have been putting his hand print on for each year so of course he had to had his hands on his b'day. Let's just say it was much easier when he was 2 than 1!! He loved painting, especially Mom's nose!

















While the fam was here we also got to take in some of the sights...well Dad and Brett did more sight seeing but we all went to Captain Chuck-a-mucke's together. I am told they have the best seafood, but I think there hamburger is one of the best I have had! We also all (except Jeff) went to VA beach. Unfortunately it was only ~50 degrees and it always seems windy on the beach so we didn't stick around for too long. Just long enough to see it and take a couple of pictures.

Thank you Mom, Dad, and Brett for coming to visit. We had fun and are so thankful for all of your help! Come again anytime...I am sure I will have another to-do list for you. :)
Posted by Picasa

PS...somehow I didn't get too many pictures of Nicole with her Grandmother or Uncle...I think I only have two pictures of her with Grandpa!! I am a slacker! (and Yes as much as I try we are definitely going to have less pictures of the second kid. :(

No comments: