We just went to the doctors for Nate's two year well baby check up. He of course did great until the doctor actually started the exam. We found out he is a lot like his father when it comes to doctors and being stubborn (ask Jeff about his 5th b'day party!) Nate refused to open his mouth, show the doctor where his nose was, jump, basically anything she asked he refused. He also glared at her the entire time. Of course he had been jumping around and talking up a storm until she came into the room. :) He measured in at 35 1/2" (so he may be ~5' 11" as an adult). He only weighed 27.8 lbs...which he only gained 2 lbs since his 18 month appointment. The doc said everything looked great.
Some of Nate's favorite sayings:
"Way up high" - this is used for everything...he wants you to play trucks with him on the ground, he needs your help because they are "way up high"
"Self do it" - I guess I would tell him to do it himself so now he ask for "self to do it"
"Ohhhhhhh...I see" - said while Jeff was teaching how the knight moves in chess
"Ohhhhhhhh...OK" - now said whenever I ask him to do something or tell him something
"I missed it" - whenever I point out something to him and he doesn't see it right away (i.e. police car, fire truck ect.)
"GO! GO! GO!" - we spend a lot of time in this house running...
"Set, GO!" - said halfway down the hall when you are racing to the end of the hall and back...yes he is a cheater
"kee-coo" - breakfast, lunch, and dinner are all times for a cookie
"Mac N cheese" - asked for at every meal
"Child" - unfortunately this is what I say when I am frustrated with him...so he says it when he is frustrated
"Be careful" - another phrase I use to often...the other day he was playing by himself and singing "be careful, be careful" to all of his toys
"Mommy, hold me" - said whenever Mommy is holding Nicole
"Up, please" - said whenever he want to either see what you are doing or play with something out of his reach
Favorite songs:
Wheels on the bus
Old MacDonald
Dinosaur Train
Thomas
The Wise Man built his house on the rock
Veggie Tales theme song
B-I-B-L-E
Clean-up
When we ask Nate what he dreams about his common answers are: Lisa, Addison, Daddy and Matt at Bible study, and Bible study.
When I asked Nate what Daddy does at work he answered "read Bible". :)
Here are some great pictures our friend Ginny took. Thank you so much, Ginny, for capturing our Nater so well.
"Way up high" - this is used for everything...he wants you to play trucks with him on the ground, he needs your help because they are "way up high"
"Self do it" - I guess I would tell him to do it himself so now he ask for "self to do it"
"Ohhhhhhh...I see" - said while Jeff was teaching how the knight moves in chess
"Ohhhhhhhh...OK" - now said whenever I ask him to do something or tell him something
"I missed it" - whenever I point out something to him and he doesn't see it right away (i.e. police car, fire truck ect.)
"GO! GO! GO!" - we spend a lot of time in this house running...
"Set, GO!" - said halfway down the hall when you are racing to the end of the hall and back...yes he is a cheater
"kee-coo" - breakfast, lunch, and dinner are all times for a cookie
"Mac N cheese" - asked for at every meal
"Child" - unfortunately this is what I say when I am frustrated with him...so he says it when he is frustrated
"Be careful" - another phrase I use to often...the other day he was playing by himself and singing "be careful, be careful" to all of his toys
"Mommy, hold me" - said whenever Mommy is holding Nicole
"Up, please" - said whenever he want to either see what you are doing or play with something out of his reach
Favorite songs:
Wheels on the bus
Old MacDonald
Dinosaur Train
Thomas
The Wise Man built his house on the rock
Veggie Tales theme song
B-I-B-L-E
Clean-up
When we ask Nate what he dreams about his common answers are: Lisa, Addison, Daddy and Matt at Bible study, and Bible study.
When I asked Nate what Daddy does at work he answered "read Bible". :)
Here are some great pictures our friend Ginny took. Thank you so much, Ginny, for capturing our Nater so well.
Eating Goldfish
The hat Grandma bought for pictures...we actually got a couple of good ones.
He was giving me kisses and then wiping them off.

1 comment:
Two years old!!! He looks so big and such like a little boy!
Post a Comment