Friday, March 11, 2011

Nicole is one month old

The same day we took Nate in for his 2 year appt we also took Nicole in for her 1 month appt. The doc said she is doing really well, after all she did gain almost 2 lbs in 2 wks!! She now weighs in at 9 lbs 8.2 oz (just a little bigger than her brother was when he was born!) and she grew 2 inches to 22.5 inches. I was a little worried because she has just started spitting up but the doc said if she gained that much weight in two weeks she wouldn't worry about. Overall, everything is going really well. She is now in a pretty good schedule and I finally have gotten her to the point where she will self-soothe (something I really wanted her to do...at around 4 days old. Jeff kept saying, "but she is only 4 days old." Patience and perseverance paid off.) We have gotten in the habit of wrapping her up into a burrito and then putting her in the pac n' play to sleep. I have noticed the last couple of days when we have been out and about that she hasn't been napping well until we get home and I wrap her and put her in the bed. Now I am wondering if I have her too much into a groove that she won't be able to sleep anywhere else. Of course I can always find something to worry about.

She is such a good baby and such a blessing!! We love you Nicole Amanda!

Nate insisted that they take the picture together (he is such a good brother! I just wish I could get him to change diapers...)
Given' her loves. We do this a lot but he is always very gentle with her (unless I ask him to help burp her...I think he is better at it then I am!)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Barnes said...

Time goes by way too fast...she is so sweet. Can not wait to meet her soon?:)