Thursday, November 5, 2009

8 Months already?

I really have a hard time believing that Nathaniel is already 8 months old...although as mobile as he is I guess it should remind me. :)

So what is Nate up to?? Well mostly trouble. :) The first week of crawling was great because he was just figuring things out but now that he has been crawling for a month we are into exploring anything and everything. I have quickly learned the value of shutting all doors in the hallway. I am also getting go at strategically picking the best spot in the kitchen where I can stand in one spot and reach everything I need to make dinner...Nate seems to think he needs to help by standing in between my legs. He is pulling up on everything and starting to walk along furniture. He is still growing like a weed and I am beginning to think that we are going to need to come up with a better car seat solution than the infant carrier...he is just too heavy in that thing for me to work with (although my biceps appreciate it.) We are finding that his current favorite toys are anything that isn't a toy...i.e. wooden spoon, CD case, paper, and heading towards electrical cords. Toys that he actually plays with are his basketball hoop, balls, a little riding toy, and his blocks. He loves to chase them all over the house, eat them, and play catch with his Dad...Mom usually hits him in the face so we don't play ball as much. As far as eating goes...well he loves to eat and I am finding it hard to make his food because he seems to eat it as fast as I make it. We are working on a refined pallet and so far the only thing he has absolutely refused to eat is avocado. He is jabbering a lot more now and Jeff did teach him how to say Da Da...which is wonderful to hear at 4 a.m because I can tell Jeff that Nate is calling him. :) I am sure there is a lot more that he is doing that I am forgetting to add, but he is such an amazing kid! Jeff and I are truly blessed that God entrusted us to raise him here on Earth. He lights up or day (and night) with his little smiles and giggles.

First picture is how we found him asleep after we heard him playing in his crib...completely folded over! Second is him eating avocado...not too happy about it. Third is his 8 month photo with his Nathaniel bunny. And fourth is Nate just being Nate.


2 comments:

The Barnes said...

He is growing way too fast!! He is too cute... can not wait to see him again:)

The Grasmans said...

Tiffany, he is so cute! I can't believe how big he is getting! I was laughing reading your update b/c Luke hated avocados too! We have an old video on the blog I think, of us trying to feed some to him. And it was right around 8 mon. that we went to the big car seat too!! It's fun to remember all those things, they grow too fast!