Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!!!

To all the Mother's who read our blog...HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

We started out preparing for Mother's day a little in advance this year. Since neither of our mother's are close to us this requires a little more preparation than I am used too. I almost didn't get done in time (thank goodness for fast postal service!) Nate decided that he wanted to make both of his Grandmother's a little gift...and he really wanted to paint it. So to the craft store we went. We (Nate and I) decided we liked the frames that we could paint and personalize ourselves, so we got those and Nate even picked out the paint...his favorite two colors...blue and orange (of course for the Bronco's!) Nate did an excellent job painting and only managed to get a little paint on his belly, the deck, and his shoes. We promptly followed our first finger painting experience with a trip to the bath. :) He loved making the frames for his Grandmas and we only hope they are able to enjoy the handy work of a 14 month old. :)

Mother's Day was extra special this year for us because we had Nathaniel dedicated at our church, Bethel Baptist. We are currently in the process of a pastor search, but the interim pastor, David Bounds did an excellent job. He looked up each of the kids' names and explained the meaning behind their names and then charged the parents to raise children worthy of their given name. Nathaniel means "gift from God" and Raymond means "mighty protector." He charged Jeff and I with raising our gift to be a protector of the cause of Christ. It was a very awesome experience and I am so glad that we have found a church family to hold us accountable to raise our son according to God's Word. (On a side note...Nate did very well and just stared down Dr. Bounds while he was talking. I was worried that he would get antsy and want to run around the stage.) Nate also got his very first New Testament, a gift from the church to all of the kids dedicated. :)



Our great friends Kathryn and Matt obliged us with some picture taking...Thanks you guys for the awesome pictures!! (One picture was a great picture of the two of them...couldn't help but included it...they look sooooo cute!)

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Ginny said...

Mark and I love you and your family! Especially Jeff, who's like a son to us. ;) We are so glad that you moved to Virginia and that we're able to share our lives together. You're a blessing, Friend.

Cindy said...

Thanks for posting. We are thankful for your dedication to raising your children to serve the Lord. We love you all and miss having you at ESBBC

The Barnes said...

I love the painting, it only gets better:)
Happy Mothers Day, late to you too:)