Now fast forward to this past week. You see we have been having some interesting guests in our backyard...it started with two raccoons. Then one morning we noticed a possum and then we noticed something had been digging in my garden. I wasn't sure what was digging in the garden until one morning we saw a groundhog back by my plants! So doing the only logically thing to do I declared war on anything messing with my garden. It was with war on my mind that I headed to our local garden store (which I might add that I love it! It's an old store with an even older owner who knows everything about anything and loves to impart his knowledge to you. It is also a "hangout" place for farmers...old farmers. They love Nate and we love walking down there.) The owner was out but we did get to talk to several farmers about my battle. Here's how our conversation went:
Me: I seem to have a groundhog digging in my garden.
Old Worker: Groundhog?
Me: Yup...looks like a beaver only smaller tail.
Old Worker: Yup that's a groundhog
Farmer 1: You got a gun?
Me: NO
Farmer 2: You know where to buy one?
Farmer 1: You need to get a gun
Me: Seriously that's all I can do?
Farmer 2: It is if you wanted them to stay away
Farmer 1: Yup, by the way where do you live? In the city? You might not be able to shoot it.
Me: Seriously, I am a city girl. You really think that if I bought a gun that a) I would know how to us it, and b) that I would be able to hit a moving target???
Old Worker: Well, maybe we have spray or something...
Needless to say I headed home with my spray and we haven't seen any more critters near my garden however...
this is what Jeff found right next to our house on Tuesday!!!
Maybe I should have bought the gun...do you think I could shoot a snake??
6 comments:
Um...did you find out what kind of snake it was? 'Cause that thar critter would freak. me. OUT.
You should definitely get a gun:) Just ask Mike! Best way to get rid of critters!
Aren't the snakes in Colorado more dangerous!?
You should just name all the critters :)
Tiffany, you could shoot a gun. I learned to do so in KY when we had many snakes. I had to protect my children... and you know mother's will do anything to protect their youngins. I was going to ask what kind of snake this was, but it looks like a live one. THere are only two kinds you know? Dead and alive.
Maybe you could borrow one of your neighbor's (michael vick) dogs. They should do a pretty good job of keeping the critters away.
EWWWWWWWWW!!!!! I needed a warning before I scrolled down and saw that! :)
Post a Comment