About three weeks ago I saw a groupon offer for a local 5K race that I thought would be a good motivation for me to get back into racing. The race was local and it was cheap (w/the groupon) so I decided to sign the whole family up for it. Nate loves to run with me and someone will run the first 0.5 mile with me so I figure he could the the fun 1 mile run. Well, without even consulting him first, I signed Jeff and I both up for the 5K. Jeff decided he better run with Nate in the 1-mile Family Fun run instead, because he's family. Since I already signed the whole family up we all got t-shirts, however they didn't have kids shirts so Jeff got Coley's shirt and Nate got a women's small. Nate initially wanted to wear the shirt, but then decided it was too big. Race day came and Nate was a little apprehensive until he started seeing all the other kids. I talked to him about pacing himself and staying close to Daddy. I wondered how Jeff would do considering it has been over a year since he has run (expect for basketball and softball) and he has never run with the jogging stroller. I think since he was running at Nate's pace, it wasn't too bad. :) I had also mentioned the race to some of my students so two of them actually signed up to run. One of them ran the fun run with Jeff and the other ran the 5K with me. It was fun and great to get back into running races. I now have a time to beat. :)
| I may have signed them up but no one was happy about it. |
| There is a smile. :) |
| My two runners. |
| Finding the start. |
| Nate getting ready to run and staying close to Daddy. |
| Nate ran all but 0.15 miles of the race!! Of course I got a picture of the 0.15 that he didn't run. |
| Here he is, out and running. Jeff said he was hilarious because he didn't stop talking (kind of like his mom) and he was very focused...so focused he had to chase the girl with the green skirt. |
| Coming into the finish. (I have a video of the finish I will post.) |
| Need water |
| And need the free gatorade and donuts! |
| Our little rider that still got a metal. |
| The only picture Jeff got of me finishing. I miss having someone to run with!! Karen Wood needs to move to VA! |
1 comment:
Note: Jeff did some editing after the initial post. :)
Post a Comment