Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Strawberry picking

I know some people are surprised we are already strawberry picking but that's VA for you. :)  We were almost out of strawberry jam so it was imperative that we go strawberry picking...and yet I didn't get enough strawberries for pies so we are going back again this week. :)  We went strawberry picking with some of our friends from church and I was so thankful for everyone's help.  Nate and I both had a bucket to fill and when mine was done I asked him for his.  Well, he only had 4 strawberries in his bucket!!  I guess he had been eating them as fast as he could pick them.  Margie and her daughter Rachel ended up helping us fill our second bucket.  Coley also found that she loved fresh strawberries.  She loved them so much she was willing to eat the rotten ones on the ground and the green ones on the plants...let just say she got put in the Bjorn very quickly after we started picking.
Nate stayed close to Margie and Rachel most of the time.  I think he enjoyed the eating and running around the most.

Miss. Kathryn and Sam getting ready to pick.

Coley very quickly learning how wonderful fresh strawberries really taste.

"Yes Mom, I do have some in there...see I have four!"

"What have I been doing...well, eating them of course!"

Sam even got into the eating action.

Let's get to work.

I don't even know how many strawberries he had eaten at this point.

Yummy!

"Here is one, Mom."

The walk back to the car was long cause Coley had to stop and take another bite every two or three steps.

No comments: