Sunday, September 23, 2012

Visit to Mr. Matt's work

NASA had an open house that Jeff really wanted to go to however he ended up having to stay home and grade tests. :(  But that was no reason for the kids and I not to go.  We met Kathryn, Matt and the girls in the parking lot and I was so glad we did since Matt was able to lead us around the campus w/o getting us lost. :)  It was a ton of fun and I even got to see a real rock from the moon!!!  Of course they told me I could touch it but it was behind two layers of glass (a little disappointing).  The kids had fun and there was a ton of stuff for them to do. (Sorry some of the pictures are out of order.)
Posing with an astronaut!

Mr. Matt was explaining something to Nate about the suit.

We got to hear the 1st women in space talk however the kids were more interested in snacks and running around.

Sam liked getting into our stroller...she loves it 'cause it's orange. :)

The kids got to make slime...a big hit!

Lisa showing her's off.

Cute little girls and cute pregnant Momma. ;)

We got to drive robots!!  A big hit with Nate (and with me)
Nate made his own rocket but was too afraid to jump on the pop bottle to launch it.  I got the honors.

but he loved it and got to run and pick it up again.

The kids got some energy out while waiting for the food.
 
Two little cuties!

The one picture of them all listening intently to the astronaut.


The kids also folded with little twirly things.  Also a big hit.

Learning about electricity and currents.

Again driving the robots.

Hoping our basketball would make it into the hoop.  Some the stuff they had were summer projects for high school students.  I think this was something they made to shoot hoops.  Nate enjoyed it.

No comments: