Tomorrow is the big day!! The day my baby turns 2!! How can that be?
This
past Saturday we had Coley's birthday party. We gave her the option of
either a "Bob" party or an "Elmo" party. She, of course, picked Bob.
I, of course, thought this would be an easy party to pull off however I
didn't think about the lack of supplies the handy-dandy party supply
store down the street. But never fear there is always Pinterest! :)
After talking to Jeff we decided to play off the silly songs from the
show. We went with Pizza ("Pizza Angel"), had Cheetos (Mr. Twisty
Twisted Cheese Curls), supplied strawberries and bananas ("The Lunch),
and for all the cannibals out there we served not only bell peppers and
carrots but also tomatoes and cucumbers! :) For dessert I also went
with a "Bob" cake but I really wanted to make cupcake cheeseburgers
("His Cheeseburger"). :) They were so much fun however I don't think
the kids thought they were as cool as we did. There was a lot less
frosting on the cupcakes so I think almost all the kids pick to have the
Bob cake instead! Oh well, they were cute.
Where
I really had fun was with the party bags. There are just so many songs
to choose from that were really easy to coordinate with. Here is the
list I came up with: "I Love my Lips" (lip whistles), "Don't give Donuts
to Doggies" (bag of donuts), "Singing the blues" (inflatable guitar),
"Yodeling Veterinarian of the Alps" (band aids), "Where is my hairbrush"
(comb and mirror), King George's duckies (rubber duckies), "My high
silk hat" (plastic top hat), and of course I did find some Veggie Tales
stickers to give the kids. I had so much fun planning it all out
(although collecting all the stuff was a little more difficult), I kinda
hope she pick this theme again next year. :)
Some of our decorations with our cuties!
Side note: I was originally going to make Slurpee to serve since in "Josh and the Big Wall" the peas throw Slurpee at the Israelite's but I couldn't figure out how to get big enough straws for the kids to drink it without running the risk of getting purple Slurpee all over my floor. End the end we went with juice, strawberry milk, or water.
1 comment:
I love it!!
Post a Comment