Sunday, February 10, 2013
Mommy's Musings
The other night (while I was sound asleep) I hear Coley call out. It isn't unusual for us (and when I say "us", I mean "me", Jeff can sleep though anything...including me kicking him!) to hear her and she is generally looking for her paci but this night was different. I could hear her saying, "No, NO!, NO!". I went into her room to see what was going on and she was completely asleep. I headed back to our room however I couldn't fall asleep right away. I started thinking about what Coley could have been dreaming about. I mean, she is on yet two and she seemed to be having a nightmare. What is the worse things she could be dreaming about? Is she dreaming about her brother taking her toys? Is she dreaming about Mommy telling her no to a doughnut? What exactly is a 2 year old nightmare about? It made me think of the innocents she has right now and how I would love for her to never see or understand the evil in the world. Unfortunately I can't protect her but as I was lying there awake (don't worry Jeff was snoring next to me) all I could think to do was pray for my kids. Pray that the worse thing they have to face in life is their brother/sister taking their toy or Mommy telling them they can't have another doughnut. I have to remember that my kids are not no own but they are God's children. He has trusted them to me to raise them but I can't do that without His help/guidance! I write this post more as a remind to myself that ever moment I need to be trusting/asking God to watch over my children. They are growing so quickly and, yes, I do get frustrated with them sometimes, but they are one of the greatest blessing God has given me and I need to remember that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment