Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Atlantic Ocean

I know it's pathetic that we live about 1 hour from the Atlantic Ocean but we had to drive to Maine to actually see it! Before the wedding we had a little time so we drove over to the beach to go put our feet in...NOT...it was really really cold! Nathaniel and I did walk down to the water and I put my fingers in but it was way too cold for Nate (the guys were in their Sunday best for the wedding and for some reason didn't want to get sand in their shoes.) Also while the guys were at the wedding Nate and I drove up to Kennebunkport, ME to look around. All I have to say is WOW! Kennebunkport is beautiful...and those houses have to be a bear to clean! It was so awesome to see this beautiful houses right on the coast with the waves crashing into the rocks. I would have taken tons of pictures but Jeff had the camera :) Nate and I got to do some shopping in the touristy part of town and then we headed back to pick up the guys. We both had a blast (Nate was sleeping most of the time so I have to assume he had fun) and I would love to spend some more time in ME.

Jeff and I were curious how many states Nate has already visited and the grand total came to 10 states and DC...and he isn't even three months old! With our trip to IN it should add another 2 states...crazy isn't it. This trip was my first time in NH and ME so all I need are RI and Vermont to finish up the New England area.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: