Neither Jeff nor I want Nate to suck his hand mainly because you can't throw a hand away. My nieces and nephew have all sucked various fingers and the eight year old and six year old still are sucking their fingers. The way I got it figured is that if we let Nate suck his pacifier then when he is old enough to get rid of it we just throw it away. We will see if 1) we successfully raise a pacifier kid, and 2) we successfully rid said kid of the pacifier when the time comes. Here is a video of our losing battle thus far.
3 comments:
Good luck Tiff! I too didn't want a finger sucker, but Audrey refused the pacifier and on her own found her thumb..and still loves the thumb. Emily on the other hand loved the pacifier and we were able to easily take it away at the appropriate time. Hopefully you will win the battle!
Senica refused the paci and sucked her hands, but stopped on her own with no problem by the time she was 18 months. Ty was addicted to the paci and it was hard to get rid of it. We told him the birds took it and he never asked for it again. However, I would not suggest that b/c he remembers it now and wants to know if the bird took his shoes, sunglasses, or anything else that he can't find at that certain moment. OOPS! Good Luck!
He is SO cute!!!! He's like... Dad... but you're taping me... so what I'm doing must be cute! ;) Haha! Good luck. We decided the paci route too b/c we have a thumb sucking family. So far so good... and now we ween.
Post a Comment