Saturday was a gorgeous day for a run so I though I would take advantage of the nice weather. Well, I was running in the next neighborhood (a neighborhood with some kids) and I saw by the side of the road the tube from a bicycle wheel...or so I thought. I got about a foot away from the tube when I realized it wasn't a tube from a bike, it was a very long black snake sitting by the side of the road staring at me. Needless to say my running pace drastically increase for the next several hundred feet! Even looking at my run on the computer later (I have the NikePlus for my iPod that tracks my runs) you can tell exactly when I saw the snake. :)
I am not sure what type of snake it was but looking on the Maryland's Wildlife website I think it was a black racer. I guess I will have to be a little more careful on the rest of my runs in this city (although I looked it up and VA has the same type of snake...what did I get myself into?)
1 comment:
Awesome! You should have gotten a nice close up of him like I did for that toad in our yard.
Post a Comment