For my birthday, Nate got me a basketball hoop for us to play with. I didn't realize that he had an inate ability that far exceeds that of normal 3 month olds. He realized that my height advantage meant I could stuff nearly all of his outside shots, so he knew his only chance at victory was to drive on me. I guess he took it to heart when I told him that if you own the paint (in this case, we used a rag quilt his mother made as the paint) you own the game. Nate repeatedly drove on me, dunking with no regard for my safety. He even started getting his poster poses ready for his NBA career. It was dunk after dunk after dunk. He was lighting up the scoreboard.

I have a reputation for being pretty competitive. I know that he's my son, but I couldn't stand getting embarrased in front of my lady. I also feel that it is my duty as a father to be sure he knows that in life there are no easy buckets. The next time he tried to drive on me, I sent him to the floor.

He whistled me for the foul, so we sat down at the free throw line to shoot two.

Maybe he'll think twice before taking it to the hole against me next time.
4 comments:
Love it! Hopefully Nate is not intimidated:)
I love Dominateor. Great nickname. You'll just have to figure out what kind of tattoo it will look good on. Maybe on the side of his neck?
Can't tell who is having more fun. No wonder your boy is so strong and rolling over already!
That is hilarious
Post a Comment