Saturday, February 13, 2010

Great Friends!!

I love the fact that we have made so many new friends here in VA! And I love that some of them have kids that come over and just hang out with us and play. This week we had the privilege of playing with Ginny, Pam, and Caelyn. I loved watching Caelyn and Nate play together! It was too cute to watch Nate follow her around. :) They did a great job sharing and Caelyn even fed Nate some goldfish. Although, in one of the pictures you can see her trying to pick up the goldfish as fast as she could to protect them from Nate. (Caelyn is 20 months...I think...so she was the ring leader.) Hopefully we can have another spur-of-the-moment play date again sometime soon.
We also got the chance to play with Sara and Laura this week. Laura is a gymnastics coach and she was giving a private lesson on Friday so we got the chance to play with Sara while Laura was at work. We had so much fun and Sara did great even though her mom was gone...Nate on the other hand needs to work on sharing and that includes sharing his mother. Laura brought over their wagon and since both kids love to go for walks I thought I would take them to the park. Well, I kind of underestimated the difficulty of two kids who walk; not that great at a very damp park. Let's just say that they both got very dirty and Nate even did a face plant so he ended up with wet bark on his face. I also have a new appreciation for parents of twins!! Sara is three months older than Nate, but still it was a little crazy. While I was helping Sara walk on the play ground equipment I looked over to check on Nate (who was running around the equipment) to find him chewing on some of the wood mulch. Needless to say I got my exercise and we didn't end up staying at the park that long. Laura ended up only having only a 1/2 hour lesson so she almost beat us back to the house. We all had so much fun and I can't wait to have Sara over to play again. :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Barnes said...

You are a busy lady! How fun to get Nate together with other kiddos...maybe you could join us sometime?:)

Ginny said...

I had a great time! Thanks for inviting us over. You're a peach. :)