Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Replacement Bork

Since Nate has become extremely attached to his Bork I thought it was a good idea for us to get a back-up. I knew that if we ever lost the original Bork that no one in this house would sleep for a while and we would all suffer. Jeff decided that if we did get a replacement that we would need to set up a rotation so that Nate wouldn't know which one was the old one and which was the new. Well the other day we received Bork II in the mail and we had Nate open the box. We wanted to see what he would do. He was so excited to see Bork in that box and didn't even care that it wasn't his well washed Bork. At one point we did give him both Borks and boy was he happy...he just couldn't figure out which one to bury his face into next (it was really cute to watch him bury his face in one then switch to the other then back again.) As it turns out I thought we were going to need Bork II sooner than anticipated because while Nate and I were running the other day I finish my run only to find that Bork hadn't finished with us (I secretly think Nate wanted me to run extra that day trying to retrace our steps to find Bork...but that is just my conspiracy theory.) Thankfully we did find Bork and even watched a truck drive over Bork's foot...thankfully he washes well.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Kathryn said...

Brilliant!
These are super cute pictures of Nate!!

P said...

Wait a minute... you're telling me that a child actually played with the TOY and not the BOX it came in? You have once exceptional little boy :)

The Barnes said...

He is so cute and getting so big. His smile is priceless.

Rachel said...

Awww... the pictures were so sweet.

The Grasmans said...

He looks pumped!!!

Brent and Kelly Wood said...

We tried that with a replacement teddy once when Allie was about a year and half, but she wouldn't have anything to do with it. It was so funny watching her lean her head back and look at it like, "Hey, that's NOT Teddy!" Nate is just too cute and keeps getting cuter all the time! I hope you all are doing well!
Kelly

Kuehn's said...

A great idea! We did the same with Emily's duck, though we didn't switch them out all of the time so they were equally worn! Once we got the backup, the new duck was too clean to pass for the "original" duck!