To say that we were a little excited about getting snow is a slight understatement. :) We were thrilled!! I have decided that I like living in a place that allows you to enjoy the snow when you get it...absolutely everything shuts down so no need to go anywhere, just outside to play in the snow. Nate saw snow in CO, but this time around he got to play with a snowball (inside the house), stand outside as it snowed, watched daddy shovel, and went for several walks in his stroller. One problem we found is that as first time home owners we didn't have a snow shovel (didn't really think we would need one in VA) however we did have a collapsible shovel that I had in my car from my CO days. Jeff had fun shoveling...however his back didn't appreciate the nice two-foot handle of our portable shovel. :) Amazingly the snow is still around today (Tuesday) even though it stopped snowing on Saturday! Also, just as amazing is the amount of closings still across this city. Numerous schools are still declaring "snow days." I guess they don't have anyone to plow the parking lots, etc. so it is too difficult for the students to get there...Oh the joys of living in VA. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment