Friday, April 9, 2010

Day at the beach

Tuesday we had a great time with friends at the beach. Yes I know what you are thinking...the beach on April 6th?? Well when it is 90 degrees in April what else are you supposed to do but enjoy the beach? Although since it has been in the 90s in APRIL I am a little worried about what the temps will be in August! :)

Back to Tuesday...Nate and I had a blast with Katie, Sara, Pam, Caelyn, Laura, Sarah, Kathryn, and Lisa. I am sure you noticed but Nate was the only boy. Chiara and Ginny were going to come but baby Michael decided that he wanted to make sure this was the last time Nate had to go to the beach as the only "born" boy. Congratulation Chiara on the birth of baby Michael...Nate can't wait to meet him (and neither can I)!!

Katie knew of a great tree at the park that was wonderful to eat under in the hot afternoon temps. So it wasn't until after eating, talking, running, and Nate perfecting his Baywatch pose that headed down to the water to spend a couple of minuets. Nate decided that cold river water was not all its cracked up to be...and after all that time perfecting the Baywatch pose. :( I think he would tell you that your on your own if you need rescuing...he might even give you the look that says, "You were crazy enough to go in the water in the first place, now you figure a way out!". He did however enjoy the sand (unfortunately I didn't have my camera while we were at the water so no pictures...next time) All in all I think Nate's favorite part of the whole day was sharing my Ben and Jerry's milk shake on the long hot walk back to the car. He sure drank enough of it. :) We had a blast and can't wait to do it again.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Barnes said...

Sounds like you had a great day. No beach here for awhile:)