I don't know about you, but this year Easter was extra special for me. I have been studying Revelations and despite not really knowing if things are "literal" or "symbolic" one thing I have been impressed upon is the awesomeness of Salvation. My summary of Revelations so far/the bottom line: if you know Jesus Christ as your PERSONAL Savior...we win in the end!! What an awesome promise!!
As for our Easter activities, well we had a lot of fun with Nate. Some families in our neighborhood put together an amazing Easter Egg Hunt. They had a total of 640 eggs hidden in two different yards!! Elijah, our next door neighbor (he's 3 yrs old) helped Nate find most of his eggs since Nate was way more interested in playing with all of the neighbors' toys instead. :) I think Nate's favorite toy was the pink lawn mower...he mowed their entire side and front yard. We had so much fun and I can't wait until next year when Nate can enjoy it a little more.

Later on Saturday Craig came down for a visit. We had a great meal together and then the guys played the "train game" while I worked on some of the food for our Easter dinner. On Sunday, after church, Kathryn, Matt, and Lisa all came over to enjoy some food, fellowship, and fun. Kathryn made some awesome potatoes and an even better banana cream pudding for dessert...yummy!! We decided to play Settlers (since train game would take too long) and yet again Kathryn won...we will take her down! Just you wait, Kathryn, your reign will be short! :) Overall it was wonderful to have the Stafford's and Craig here to help us celebrate and remember the Cross. I hope you all had a wonderful day of celebration.
As for our Easter activities, well we had a lot of fun with Nate. Some families in our neighborhood put together an amazing Easter Egg Hunt. They had a total of 640 eggs hidden in two different yards!! Elijah, our next door neighbor (he's 3 yrs old) helped Nate find most of his eggs since Nate was way more interested in playing with all of the neighbors' toys instead. :) I think Nate's favorite toy was the pink lawn mower...he mowed their entire side and front yard. We had so much fun and I can't wait until next year when Nate can enjoy it a little more.

Later on Saturday Craig came down for a visit. We had a great meal together and then the guys played the "train game" while I worked on some of the food for our Easter dinner. On Sunday, after church, Kathryn, Matt, and Lisa all came over to enjoy some food, fellowship, and fun. Kathryn made some awesome potatoes and an even better banana cream pudding for dessert...yummy!! We decided to play Settlers (since train game would take too long) and yet again Kathryn won...we will take her down! Just you wait, Kathryn, your reign will be short! :) Overall it was wonderful to have the Stafford's and Craig here to help us celebrate and remember the Cross. I hope you all had a wonderful day of celebration.


No comments:
Post a Comment