Monday, April 5, 2010

Little Chef...

Saturday evening Jeff had to run to the store so Nate and I were in charge of making some homemade pizza. Generally, I would have done it myself, but Nate has a tendency to get a little clingy/crabby after ~5:30 p.m. so rather than have him crying at my feet I decided to enlist his help. He is a great little helper and has all the makings of a great chef. He did a wonderful job of prepping the stone for the pizza dough, pulling the dough for me, spreading the sauce, and adding the topping. Translation: He enjoyed throwing the flour on anything and everything he could (we were both covered and I really wished I would have remembered both of our aprons before we started). He loved to dig his fingers into the dough (only tried to eat it about three times). He loved squishing the pizza sauce through his fingers (only managed to get some on his face, arms, and shirt). And he thoroughly enjoyed throwing on the pepperoni, cheese and chicken (only ate two pepperoni, but passed on the chicken and cheese). Nate also found that he was really good at poking the pizza with a plastic knife as well as shaking spices over the pizza (thankfully the lids were on or we could have had coriander, mint and dill on our pizza). I wish I had more pictures, but since Jeff was gone I was too busy trying to keep Nate on the counter and not on the pizza itself. Oh...and the final picture is of Nate enjoying his masterpiece...he loves pizza and can eat a very large piece. ;)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Barnes said...

you are so brave letting him touch everything:)usually if Ethan gets a little sauce/dressing/anything on his hands he is asking to wash them or for a towel:) Nate is getting so big and so adorable!

Katie said...

Super super cute!