Some friends of ours at church are in the process of adopting a little girl from Thailand (I think) and to help raise the $ for the adoption they were hosting a huge garage sale. Well we went a couple of weeks ago to the pre-garage sale and got Nate some toys (the vacuum he loves) and Jeff and I got some bikes...can't wait to go for a ride. Anyway the official garage sale was this past weekend and even though I had already gone through most of the stuff we (we being Kathryn, Lisa, Nate and I) decided to go see if they had anything more we needed as well as look at some other garage sales. When we got to the sale I immediately saw this adorable little rocking chair that I kind of fell in love with. The problem was that I had told myself that I was only going to shop from my "list" of needs...we didn't need the rocking chair but I really wanted to get one for Nate. Well after much deliberation I mentioned to Angela that I loved it (she was the one having the sale) and she mentioned that it was her's as a child. That sealed the deal for me. I couldn't pass it up.
After we got home Nate went down for his nap but as soon as he got up from his nap he found the rocker. Let's just say it has been his favorite "toy" ever since. That day he rocked himself, his shoe, his cup, Bork, and anything else he could get into the chair next to himself. He eats his snack in the rocker, reads his books in the rocker, watches Baby Einstein in the rocker. You name it he has found a way to do it while sitting in his rocker. I am not sure if he just loves the fact at he can climb in it or if it is the actual rocking that he likes but I am certainly glad I got it for him. :)

1 comment:
I love the chair...how could you pass that up?:)
Post a Comment