Monday, April 19, 2010

Pie Eating Contest

Last Friday the BCES department hosted a pie eating contest to see which faculty member could eat a whole pie the fastest. Of course Jeff got recruited to participate (as did most of the faculty) and he even had a ton of votes (you had to buy tickets and then put them in the box of the prof you thought would win.) As you can see in the first picture Jeff started off smack talking, but alas he didn't win. :( (I think he came in second.) And it wouldn't be a good pie eating contest without some good pie flinging. Jeff didn't get into the pie throwing aspect of the competition (he was too busy trying to win), but he did get caught in the crossfire. Ultimately, Tyler won (another Chemist) and he was crowned the pie eating champion. Nate got into the lemon pie action after the winner was declared however he wasn't too excited about that tart lemon stuff. Jeff wasn't feeling too well after the competition and I am hoping that when he does it next year he will have learned his lesson about picking a lemon pie...why not chocolate? We had fun and I think now that Jeff has been in the contest he can start practicing for next year.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Second place isn't too shabby. Tell Jeff I'm proud of him! Mmmmmm. Pie.