I don't know about you but I sometimes find eating healthy a struggle...especially this pregnancy. I am not sure if it's because I am more tired or if it's because I am busier or if I just use Nate as an excuse to eat "kids" food but I have not eaten nearly as well during this pregnancy as I did with Nate. While I was pregnant with Nate, Jeff and I tried to eat salmon at least every two weeks (those omega-3's are just soooo good for the baby), well I think we had salmon for the second time this whole pregnancy last week. :( I partially blame the higher prices down here in VA. While we were in Chestertown you could get salmon cheaper than you could get chicken...not so in VA. However this past week I found it on sale at Harris Teeter so despite my overall dislike of all things fishy we got the salmon and made some fish sticks. I think this was the first time Nate had Salmon and he seemed to like it...well the first several bites. He did eat it the same way his mother does, with copious amounts of Ranch dressing to mask the flavor. For whatever reason he ate several pieces and then he would take a bite, chew it all up, then spit it out again...not very appetizing! I do have to admit that this salmon was actually alright (I did eat a piece without any Ranch!!! Maybe I am beginning to like seafood...NOT! But please don't tell Jeff...that might give him the idea that we will eat it again in the near future.)
Daddy showing Nate how it's done...
Of course Nate had to say "cheese". We were also talking about Nate's Sunday school lesson while we ate. ;)
And dessert was fat-free/sugar-free chocolate pudding with vanilla wafers...a big hit with the kiddo.

No comments:
Post a Comment