Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolutions

Do you make New Year's Resolutions? I generally try to set different goals for the year...some harder than others. I find that if I set a goal for something I am much better at sticking with it however I have also found that accountability is key. Hence why I am posting some of my goals for this year on the blog. I figure if you all read it then you can ask me about it all throughout the year and if I have "fallen off the wagon" you can encourage me to get back on. So here is my list:

Spiritual:
- I NEED to figure out a way to do my devotions every day in the MORNING. I am a morning person so when I try to do my devotions at night I usually get only a fraction of the benefit. My issue the past several months has been that Nate gave up his morning nap. Since Nate gets up between 5:15-5:30ish I can't seem to motivate myself to get up before him and do my devotions which wasn't a problem when he was still taking his morning nap. I would just get up early, get Nate ready, eat breakfast, take Jeff to work, do chores, etc. until Nate went down then I had some quiet time to spend with the Lord. Now that he doesn't nap till the afternoon (and I am pregnant and usually need a nap) I haven't been spending time with the Lord till the evening which just isn't effective. My goal then is to figure something out to where I can spend some quality time with God before the noon hour and to do it EVERY DAY!

- Take everything to God in prayer. I want to learn this next year to lean completely and totally on God instead of myself (or Jeff). I found when I was running a lot last spring/summer I would spend that time talking to God about everything which drew us much closer. Since I haven't been running I haven't been talking as much as I would like to the Lord and I want to remedy that.

Physically:
- Lose this extra baby weight before June
- Run at least two races
- And do crunches/sit-up everyday after the baby is born (to help get rid of extra baby "fluff")

Mentally:
- Read through the Bible in the year
- Read at least a book a month
- Refresh on some of my gen chem to make tutoring easier

Relationships:
- Grow in my relationship with God
- Grow in my relationship with my husband...learn to meet his love language needs
- Be a better friend! Make sure I take the steps to be a better friend rather than just thinking about taking them. (How many of you do I owe phone calls...a few more than I would like!)

Financially:
- Cont. to pay off students loans
- Create a better budget and stick with it!
- Learn how to coupon/how to save more money then do it

Well...I think that is about it. I know I had some more goals however since this baby is zapping my brain power I will have to try to remember them and post them later. Please help keep me accountable to do the above things throughout the year...THANKS!!

3 comments:

Annette said...

I love your resolutions and have to admit that I added several of yours to my list. Good luck with them and I will be praying for you!!

By the way, one that I know I need to work on is blogging! I'll keep you posted on that one. ;)

Jeffrey and Tiffany said...

YES you do. :)

Annette said...

Check my blog out! My first post for the new year!