Wednesday, October 26, 2011

CNU Soccer

Since I am now teaching at CNU I feel like I have more of a responsibility to attend sporting events of my students.  And since I have several (like 11 in one of my sections) student athletes we have been going to several games.  Of course Nate LOVES going to the games.  The first game I took him too was a women's field hockey game.  We went out on a date however shortly after we arrived it started to pour.  Nate still loved it and was very disappointed when the suspended the game due to lightening (he was very confused as to why Lightening McQueen would stop the game...the things parents didn't have to explain to their kids before movies...)  Well, last Wednesday night we decided to go to a soccer game.  I have one student on the team who usually is a started, however he didn't end up playing in this game.  Nate again LOVED it and loved the fact that they let the kids out on the field at half time.  We forgot to take his soccer ball but he just ran around and tried to join the opposing teams half time pep talk. :)  We stayed several minuets into the second half because Jeff wanted to see a goal on our side of the field (CNU was killing them but all of the goals had been scored on the far goal) and then we started to feel rain drops.  Let just say by the time we got to the car everyone of us was completely soaked.  Maybe we just bring rain to the games.

CNU is in the white jerseys.  Nate likes to yell at the games but we had to teach him to yell, "GO, CNU" because he loves to yell, "GO, BLUE" but too many of CNUs opponents wear blue.

The game started after Coley's bedtime so she fell asleep in the car.  We hoped she would sleep the whole time.  As you can see that didn't happen.

Lovin' life!

Telling Daddy the game plan at center field.

We were watching our two crazy boys run around.

Contemplating what to do next, run or join the other kids.

No comments: