Thursday, October 13, 2011

Look who's 8 months old...

and crawling!! On October 11th, her 8 month b'day, she took her first really crawling steps. She has been army crawling and getting where she wants but on the 11th she actually got up on her knees and crawled several steps. Of course I don't think she realized it and so it has taken her a little long to realize she can get anywhere she wants but she is a fast learner. :) On Saturday we had our first "Oh crude, where is Coley?" moments...I am sure the first of many. I have gotten so used to putting her down, doing something, and coming back to her in relatively the same place. Not anymore. I was outside helping Jeff get the lawn mower ready and I looked in the window and didn't see Coley. I stepped inside and asked Nate where she was. I wish I had a picture of his face. He looked where she had been and then kinda stared in amazement that she wasn't there. I found her halfway down our hall. I think she went looking for me. :)

So our lives are about to get very interesting. We are already figuring out things that need to be put up higher so she can't get them. I now need to be better about some of Nate's little toys, cleaning chemicals, etc. Thankfully she hasn't figured out the cabinets yet so we don't have to start locking them quiet yet.

Coley is such a happy little camper. She puts up with a ton from all of us, between Nate sitting on her (without permission!), me dragging her everywhere, and Jeff lovin'/picking at her, yet she smiles through all of it. She very rarely cries and when she does it is because she is hungry or her brother hurt her. She is becoming a huge fan of "real" food...no more of that baby food stuff (unless Mom shovels it down her). She is very grabby and is very quick (we are learning to keep plates, forks, spoons, etc very far from her or they end up in her mouth). She is also pulling up on just about everything. She loves to dance and really likes it when Mommy and Nate sing to her. Right now her two favorites seem to be patty-cake and Happy Birthday (which Nate is sings to her a lot.)

We love our little Coley-oley!

After baths...can't put her down without her rolling over and trying to crawl!


Taking a nap with Daddy


8 month picture with her brother


Coley with her bunny


Awww, the world of girly things...hair bows.

No comments: