Sunday, October 23, 2011

Fire Truck Parade

While I was reading our neighborhood newsletter several weeks ago I noticed that they were going to have a fire truck parade.  I knew Nate would love it and I thought one of his other little friends, Josiah, might think it was pretty cool as well.  The parade was going to be short, only about a mile, and it was from our current fire station (practically right across the street) to the new fire station that they just built about a mile down the road.  The newsletter metioned that the parade was to start at 8 a.m. and then there was an open house at the new fire station starting at 9 a.m.  Well, Josiah and his family came over around 7:40ish and we headed over to get a spot to watch the fire trucks.  Since we didn't see anything or anybody we decided to head over to the fire house and see what was going on.  They had several fire truck out and people were wandering around getting pictures so the fire chief invited us to do the same.  We found out later that the parade was only going to be one new fire truck, one ladder truck, one ambulance, and two antique trucks. (We had been told that truck from all over the state of VA were coming for the parade...it was a little anti-climatic but the boys LOVED it.)  Here are some of the pictures from the day.

Sorry the pictures are out of order...I am still trying to figure out the new blogger format.

Nate and Josiah holding the fire hose.  Nate wouldn't do it until Josiah did.  I was glad Josiah was there because I think he give Nate the kick he needs to try something out.

Nate in front of the Newport News fire seal

Waiting for the trucks to come

Getting a taste of what it's like to drive an ambulance.  I feel sorry for the guys who actually had to go back through these trucks after two two-year-olds were in them.  They touched everything and I can't guarantee the buttons/knobs weren't changed.  And who was the crazy who left the keys in...thankfully we saw them before Nate and Josiah tried to start it. :)

With Nate's fear of the Chick-fil-A cow I was very surprised when he walked right up to Sparky for a picture.  And he even gave Sparky a hug!

Double trouble...here to save the world!

Nate was going to use the de-fibulator on Josiah. :)
Checking out the ladder
Standing by the truck with Daddy

All of the boys.

Waiting for the parade...I only added this pictures to prove that Coley was there, although she could have cared less about the fire trucks.

No comments: