Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Thankful tree

We have so many blessings but how often are we really thankful?  Since I started BSF this semester I have been convicted about truly being/showing how thankful I am for all of my blessings.  I also want to teach Nate and Nicole that in all things we need to be thankful.  Hence, we started the "thankful tree."  Nate and I went out into the yard and got some sticks that we could add paper leaves too and put the sticks into an old applesauce jar.  Each morning, each one of us gets to write something that we are thankful for on one leaf and hang it on the "tree."  Nate was so excited about it that he wanted to put about 50 leaves on the first day and sometimes can't wait to write what he is thankful for on his leaf each morning.  So far Nate has been thankful for Daddy, then Coley, then the "cow-place" (Chick-fil-A...it's where we had lunch).  Even Coley is getting in on the action.  So far Nate has been helping her come up with what she is thankful for, which include Mommy, bottles, and sleep.  We are going to continue to add leaves until Thanksgiving and then I will take another picture of our hopefully very full "thankful tree."
 
Right now it's is a little sparse but just wait...we have so much to be thankful for!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

LOVE this! Think I'm going to copy it for our family!