Saturday, March 10, 2012

Nate's birthday party

After we were done with Coley's birthday, I asked Nate what kind of birthday party he wanted.  I gave him some choices, Bob & Larry, Clifford, Cars, Toy Story, or Curious George.  He immediately answered Curious George but I told him to think about it during the day and then tell me before he went to bed that night.  Well, that night when I asked him again the answer was still the same, so Curious George it was.  I read/looked at some stuff online for some ideas but since Nate was only turning 3 and most of the games seemed a little to old we opted to just decorate in the primary colors and let the kids play/decorate party hats during the party.  I would have loved to invite all of Nate's friends, however I house is just too small so we had to limit it to the # of seat we have a Nate's little table, only 3 friends.  I ended up having to go to a party store to get the balloon and they actually had some Curious George party stuff...including masks and bubbles, both favorites in this house.  I wanted to have Italian food since Georges favorite restaurant is known for it's spaghetti.  I decided to do lasagna for the adults and then mac n' cheese for the kids.  Overall it was a fun night and I think Nate enjoyed it.  Thank you all for coming and celebrating with us!
Nate as George

Coley trying it on for size

I got yellow party hats and then some monkey stickers for the kids to decorate the hats with.  I think the kids were into playing more than decorating.

Josiah was put in charge of dinner.

The adults were all talking in the dinning room when my Mom can in and asked if we wanted to do presents yet because the kids were opening presents.  We grabbed camera and ran. :)  Nate got some awesome new books and toys!

Ben got Nate a Curious George book which we immediately had to sit and read.

The boys really liked the book.

Some of my decorations...after some had fallen.  I got three balloons (since Nate was three) for each of the kids and then one for each of the babies.

Nate and all of his friends eating Mac n Cheese, bread, and some kids actually eat salad!

Nate blowing out his George candles.

No comments: