Tuesday, February 10, 2009

36 weeks...YIKES!

I had another doctor's appointment this morning and everything seems to be checking out alright. Blood pressure - great, my measurements - great, baby's heart rate - great after they find it (this little man doesn't like to hold still long enough for the doc to find his heart rate), and labor discussions - great as they are going to get. :) The doc said that at this point the baby is mature enough that if I were to go into labor we wouldn't try to stop it...YIKES, I don't think I am ready for that!!! He also mentioned that with my size that he would expect me to go +/- one week from my due date. I pleaded with him for the + one week and told him that Jeff was going to be out of town. I really wished I would have had a camera to take a picture of the look on his face. Not sure how to interpret the look, but I think it might have been a look of disbelief. He was just thankful it was only a quick trip and not a several day adventure. He kept saying that I would know it if something was wrong and that I was in labor...oh really...we will see. Overall, if I could just mentally get a grasp on the fact that I am indeed pregnant and I could be a mother here in the very near future, I think we would all be ready to go. Maybe in the next week or two reality will set in...then again maybe not...

5 comments:

Anitra said...

You are so cute!! I am so glad you posted a pic! We are praying that Thumper waits until his daddy is home to make his grand appearance! This is a great story for the baby book.

The Barnes said...

Tiffany you look wonderful! I am so glad it is going so well for you. We are praying for a healthy baby boy- we can not wait to meet him!

P said...

Well, I'm fairly confident that reality will sent in when the screaming little guy wakes you up in the middle of the night :P (Apparently changing diapers is a wonderful thing when it's your own child. I'm still not convinced!)

Annette said...

Yeah, I think it won't really hit you until Thumper is born - that's okay though. There's no need for it to hit you sooner. ;)

The Grasmans said...

sometimes i think reality still hasn't set in and i'll have a 1 year old in 3 months:)