Jeff decided that it would be easier for him to have the shower at our place (since his students have a test and problem set due this week we would have been having the shower with his students as well) so he banned me to our room for 1/2 hour so he could "set up". Again this had me confused...what exactly was he setting up. Well, these great friends from Grace not only sent us great gifts/stuff for Thumper, but they had sent the decorations as well as some delicious cupcakes! You guys really are the greatest! Unfortunately for me, someone had instructed Jeff that he had to take lots of pictures...I think he might have even rivaled Addi with his picture taking! I tried to put together some pictures of us opening the presents, and of course eating the cupcakes, for you all to see. Hopefully I posted enough pictures...although just let me know because I think we have about 140 pictures total so I can definitely post more :)
We opened some presents and then Jeff decided it was time for the cupcakes (he really got into this shower thing...at one point I thought he might try and make the two of us play "baby shower games"...except he didn't know any!) So midway through opening gifts we enjoyed some cupcake eating :) Whoever made the cupcakes did an excellent job...I had to eat two...I mean I ate one for me and one for Thumper :)
Opening presents: I think Jeff took a picture of me opening every single gift...hence I can't post all the pictures but tried to post a bunch of them. Thank you all for the clothes, bottles, crib sheets, blankets, toys, diaper bag "kit", safety supplies, bibs, cloth diapers, hangers, food "stuff", mirror, and gift card...just to name a few things! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Thumper's room...needs a little organizing now but is much more ready for him to come see it. (Goal for today is to organize his room and get it ready for his arrival...I have a fun day planned! :) Oh and we don't have much on the walls so I thought Senica's (and maybe Ty's?) decorated box would make great artwork to adorn his room!Thank you guys so much for making me feel so special!! I really appreciate everything!! And will be writing thank you notes to you all very soon :) I wish we could all have gotten together but hopefully soon after the little man joins us we will be able to come visit. Also thank you for helping me feel a little more prepared for this little man. Mentally I still am not there but now at least I feel more comfortable that if he came home today we would actually have everything we "need" to survive (I was kind of getting stressed out about not having some "essentials" for the little man). I really can't thank you guys enough!
You guys are the BEST!!! And I miss you all immensely! (I did manage not to cry during the shower but I came close!)
8 comments:
I wish we could have all been there however I have to give your husband tons of credit- he really did use the decorations:)!!!
I am glad you feel a little bit more prepared- we can not wait to meet this little guy!
I'm glad you enjoyed everything. There were 5 cupcakes - 2 for each of you and 1 for Thumper! We wish we could have been there, but thanks for all of the pics.
WOW! That was so sweet of them! I'm kind if disappointed that you didn't have a picture with the "what the heck is that?" expression. There are too many baby related items that I cannot fathom a use for.
We have been anxiously awaiting to see if Jeff could pull it off. He did awesome!! It looks great!
Senica and Ty were so excited to see their decorations hanging on Thumper's wall.
Wish we could have been there. We miss and love you!
I cried for you just reading your post. Wish we could've been there. We miss you!!
-Stacy and Dustin
You're right, it would have been much better if we were all hiding in Jeff's office:) I wish we could have been there! We can't wait for your little guy to come!
I LOVED all the pics!! Jeff, you did a great job! :) I love the decorations, especially the streamers!!! Way to go!!
I wish we were there too...but it did help to have all the pictures...made me feel a little bit like I was there with you!
We miss you guys!!
Do you know how long I've been waiting for this post?? Jeff did an awesome job and I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I would've much rather been in his office though! I miss you and love you lots and can't wait to meet Bronco.
Post a Comment